Today I made bracelets like I said I would!
Not very successful because the materials I could get were different.
I made the light pink one past midnight and tried with the measurements specified in the instructions
I followed the instructions on HonestlyWTF but I also modified it a bit after making the first one…
If you’re too lazy to click on the above link then I’ll have a less detailed (and different) one below
1. ø 1mm waxed cord, 20″ (50cm) and 30″ (75cm). Does anyone know where I can get ø 0.5mm ones in Singapore? 😦
2. Size 6/0 seed beads. I used about 50 per bracelet
3. Fold the longer cord in half and align one end of the shorter one with the ends of the folded cord and knot about 1/2″ (1.25cm) below the fold
4. Braid 1″ (2.5cm) with the 3 cords of equal length
5. Cut off the extra cord before or after making the bracelet whichever you prefer
6. Thread a bead on before crossing over each strand
7. Braid 1″ and tie a knot
8. Thread on a button (preferably a two-holed one) and knot the end and trim off the excess cords
I had to pick out seed beads of more uniform height otherwise it looks very chunky and messy like the light pink one.
I was too lazy to find another button and tortured myself tying a Celtic button knot for the maroon one.
I advise you not to do this but if you insist then do follow the video
But you have to use a longer length of cords…
T___T I regret T______T not using a button T____T
Quit analysing my arm hair please…
I would make more if I can find thinner waxed cords
By the way, the end knot of the light pink one unravelled and I can’t reknot it because it is too short 😦 So stupid…